Saturday 10 August 2013

Sins of anger, envy of others, gluttony, vanity, disobedience.

----Anything else, my child?

----Sloth.

----Anything else, my child?

There was not help. He murmured:

----I...committed sins of impurity, father.

----With yourself, my child?

----Yes, father.

----Were they married woman, my child?

He did not know, HIs sins trickled from his lips, one by one, trickled in shameful drops from his soul festering and oozing like a sore, a squalid stream of vice. The last sins oozed forth, sluggish, filthy. There was no more to tell. He bowed his head, overcome.

The priest was silent. Then he asked:

----How old are you, my child?

----Sixteen, father.

The priest passed his hand several times over his face. Then, resting his forehead against his hand, he leaned towards the grating and, with eyes still averted, spoke slowly. His voice was weary and old.

----You are very young, my child, he said, and let me implore you to give up that sin. It is a terrible sin. It kills the body and it kills the soul. It is the cause of many crimes and misfortunes. Give it up, my child, for God's sake. It is dishonourable and unmanly. You cannot know where that wretched habit will lead you or where it will come against you. As long as you commit that sin, my poor child, you will never be worth one farthing to God. Pray to our mother Mary to help you. She will help you, my child. Pray to Our Blessed Lady when that sin comes

No comments:

Post a Comment